Pediatrician (Maternity Cover) – Doctors with Africa CUAMM, March 6 2023
Organization: Doctors with Africa CUAMM
Position: Pediatrician (Maternity Cover)
Location: Wolisso, Oromia
Deadline: March 12, 2023
- The Pediatrician will be the In Charge of the Pediatrics Ward and will supervise the work of the General Practitioner and Health Officer assigned to the Ward.
- They will be responsible in the tutoring Pediatric local and foreign postgraduate residents
- They will be responsible of the overall activity and performance of the Ward, especially the monitoring of the quality of the diagnosis and treatments according to the established protocols and the data production accordingly to the Hospital Information System in use. In particular he will be responsible for the quality of the rehabilitation of the malnourished children in the ward as of the Malnutrition Unit attached to the Ward.
- The Pediatrician will be responsible for the quality of the diagnosis and treatments in the Under Five Clinic and for the growth monitoring and the EPI activities in the OPD.
- They will be responsible of the neonatal care in the Neonatal Unit attached to Maternity ward.
- They will be responsible for the quality of the resuscitation/first care of the newborn in the Delivery Unit and in the O.R. for the newborn delivered by C/S, assessing the methods in use and eventually improving them with the appropriate protocols.
- They will be responsible for the overall quality of the data production and collections of the Under Five Clinic according to the Hospital Information System in use.
- They will develop protocols of diagnosis and treatment of his/her specific medical field in co-operation with all the other Doctors and in agreement with the Ministry of Health Policy and Guidelines and with the approval of the Medical Director, keeping especially into account the cost-efficacy of the proposed protocols/
- They will have to actively co-operate to develop a Continuous Quality Improvement system with the Medical Director
- They will have to act in a spirit of mutual co-operation with all the colleagues despite the degree of seniority
- They will co-operate with all the Doctors and the Matron to establish an in- Hospital Continuing Medical Education program for all the Hospital Staff.
- They will have to be available to share his/her specific knowledge with the colleagues and he/she will use all the opportunity to teach to the Nurses staff and the nurses student during the clinical work.
- They will have to be available to take responsibilities for specific task that could assigned to him as they will arise, and in agreement with the Medical Director.
- University Degree in Medicine and Surgery with further specialization in Pediatrics.
- At least 2 years of clinical experience after specialization.
- experience in neonatology is an asset.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply by filling Ethiojobs Platform accurately; be aware that the first selection (Longlist) will be made based on the information provided by the candidate in the platform.
Please Also upload CV/cover letter and relevant supporting Document (Degree and work Certificate) not later than Sunday March 12, 2023.
The selection process is based on non-discrimination criteria and candidates are taken into consideration without distinction of ethnicity, gender, political orientation, religion, personal opinions, sexual orientation.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behavior’s that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to the mission and values of the organization, non-discrimination policies and safeguarding principles
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted
For more vacancy alerts like this Doctors with Africa CUAMM Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram