Mary Joy Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, March 21, 2023
Organization: Mary Joy Ethiopia
Position: OVC Care and Support Officer
Location: Dilla and Yirgalem
Experience Level: Senior Level (5 years)
Salary: Not Specified
Number of Positions: 2
Date of Announcement: March 20, 2023
Deadline: March 26, 2023
Mary Joy Ethiopia is a nonprofit development oriented organization serves the community for the past 27+ years dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable communities by advancing and implementing integrated development program focuses on livelihood enhancement, education and heath with cross cutting issues of children empowerment, environmental protection, Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS and inclusiveness. For the USAID funded project, Family Focused HIV Prevention Care and Treatment Services in Yirgalem in Sidama region and Dilla town in SNNPR region, Mary Joy seeks to recruit a OVC Care and Support Officer based in Dilla and Yirgalem towns.
Mary Joy Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement
The OVC Care and Support Officer is accountable to Project Coordinator and is responsible for implementing project activities in collaboration with communities concerned in her/his area of assignment.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities:
- Assists Project Coordinator and implementers in the preparation of annual, quarter & monthly operation plans with its equivalent resource under her/his responsibilities and submits to project office;
- Provides overall support, leadership, coordination, coaching and supervision to Social Service Workers under his/her supervision;
- Ensures the analysis/development, implementation, monitoring/evaluation of program interventions in areas of her/his responsibility;
- Organizes and leads support to participatory processes of selecting beneficiaries and involving target households and communities in Project interventions in IGA and other program components;
- Coordinates capacity assessment for community task forces and prepares capacity building plans in line with the project objectives and government guidelines;
- Ensures that all project interventions are carried out with full participation of the community, stake holders and beneficiaries of the program;
- Ensures that the planned activities are implemented as per the implementation schedule set, required quality and quantity, and in accordance to the programming principles of the organization;
- Sets required performance standard of the activities of the project together with the Social Service Worker, monitoring and evaluation and implementation as per the standard;
- Conducts regular review meeting with the Social Worker, Case Workers and partners at local level, at least on monthly basis, record and share lessons and provide feedback to his/her supervisor and the Social Workers to shape the program;
- Follows day to day progress of program activities with in town under her/his responsibilities;
- Ensures marketing networks established and communities have the required market and marketing information for those who are involved in IGA program;
- Records and keeps all HVC, CCC, Caregivers and Case Workers/Volunteers information in both hard and soft copies;
- Facilitates materials distribution to beneficiaries according to the schedule of the project in collaboration with CCC, Case Workers/Volunteers and line government offices;
- Facilitates and conducts community trainings with in their respective towns under their responsibilities;
- Works with the municipalities/ responsible government sector to facilitate shelter renovation of depilated shelters;
- Ensures the provision of services for each HVC based on the project plan and need assessment;
- Mobilizes and organizes CBOs, community committees and other relevant community groups to effectively participate in the program implementation process at each level of program implementation;
- Makes sure program beneficiaries are identified and selected in a participatory manner with full acknowledgement of the kebele administration, the community committee and other responsible bodies in the community;
- Devises mechanisms of resource mobilization and plays active role in the process of resources mobilizing;
- Builds the capacity of Case Workers/Volunteers, community committee and other relevant community groups and target beneficiaries to undertake participatory monitoring of the implementation of the program;
- Supervises Case Workers/Volunteers work and handles their monthly meetings;
- Closely works with government institution committee and other relevant groups to ensure their participation and contribution to the program;
- Collects basic information, good practices and lessons learned and report/record it;
- Conducts regular follow up to HVC/OVC and their caregivers who are engaged in IGA programs and provides them with relevant technical backups;
- Establishes and runs mothers group within respective towns and enhance their participation in program activities for the wellbeing of OVC/HVC;
- Establishes child to child club and ensures their active involvement program for the well fare of OVC/HVC;
- Prepares annual, quarter, monthly and weekly plans and reports of the respective towns
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualification And Experience:
- BSC/BA Degree in health/ social sciences or related field
- Five years of progressive experience with social development, health child protection, household, social protection, education, health and nutrition, and HIV/AIDS care and support.
- Field experience in the prevention of HIV/AIDS with a focus on highly vulnerable children;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government, community, and public health facilities, private sector entities, local community structures.
- Experience with USAID funded PEPFAR OVC and or HIV/AIDS programs in Ethiopia is an added advantage.
- Previous NGO Experience advantageous.
- Demonstrated skills in knowledge management.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and positive professional attitude.
- Good command of English language.
- Ability and great interest to work in a team and be a good team player. Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send/submit a copy of their credentials with application letter within 7 consecutive days of the announcement through www.ethiojobs.net
For more vacancy alerts like this Mary Joy Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram