Nutrition Intern – UNICEF Vacancy Announcement, April 23 2023
Position: Nutrition Intern
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Internship
Place of Work: Assosa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: May, 11/2023
Under the supervision of the Nutrition Officer, The Nutrition Intern provides assistance throughout the programming process for Benishangul Gumuz nutrition programmes and projects. They will apply theoretical and technical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing, and presenting technical programme information to support the development and formulation of the Nutrition Programme within the region, while learning organizational rules, regulations, and procedures.
How can you make a difference?
- Support to Benishangul Gumuz nutrition programme development and planning.
- Conduct data management and monitoring of nutrition data.
- Provide support to programme implementation by the regional health bureau, disaster, and risk management commission and other nutrition partners.
- Networking and partnership building with stakeholders.
- Assisting with innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
- Collect, compile analyze, verify, and synthesize nutrition information and data collected from health facilities as per the standard.
- Support the preparation of technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation.
- Assist to prepare required documentation and materials to facilitate the programme review.
- Undertake field visits, and exchange information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress
- Participate in monthly review meetings with nutrition consultants, take minutes, and share with stakeholders.
- Participate in emergency and regular nutrition coordination meetings with and/or in the absence of the Nutrition Officer.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practices to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Be enrolled at a university in Ethiopia at the undergraduate or graduate level or be a recent graduate (within the past two years) in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, or another health-related science field.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
Key Considerations for Applicants:
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Persons that identify as having a disability are also highly encouraged to apply. Residents of the Benishangul Gumuz region and of Assosa will be prioritized for this internship opportunity. Note that UNICEF Ethiopia interns receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the assignment.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to including everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promoting the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
How to Apply
To Apply for this vacancy Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below. Please make sure that you have read the requirements section very well before you apply.
For more vacancy alerts like World Health Organization vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram