Mental Health And Psychosocial Support Coordinator (F/M) – Medecins Du Monde Vacancy Announcement, February 17 2023
Organization: Medecins Du Monde
Position: Mental Health And Psychosocial Support Coordinator (F/M)
Location: Addis Ababa
Salary: 3119 Euros/ month
Work with Doctors of World
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France has been working in Ethiopia since 1986. The mission has recently significantly grown. Although the Covid-19 pandemic was a challenge for the teams and the programming, in 2020 and 2021 it has expanded with its current programming in Semera (Afar) and Chinaksen (Oromia) where MdM France leads a consortium with COOPI and MdM Germany, and it has solid prospects for intervention in connection with the conflict in some parts of the country. The mission has also reshaped after the hand over of its project in Somali region to MdM Germany in May 2021. In 2023, MdM should start new activities in Tigray, for the first time since the start of the war.
Description of the post
Under the supervision of the deputy general coordinator, you work in close coordination with the medical, gender-based violence and MEAL coordinators. You are responsible for the success of the mission’s MHPSS strategy and the quality of current and future MHPSS programs at the definition, implementation and evaluation phases.
You directly manage and coach the MHPSS officers.
- Contribute to the development of MdM strategy with the coordination team
- Ensure the achievement of outcomes and implementation of activities, the quality, and the consistency of the MHPSS component of the program
- Propose and lead lesson-learning and evaluation dynamics, including development of tools and methodologies
- Develop, update and design MHPSS standards, protocols, SoP’s and good practices
- Follow up on the current data collection system for mental health and psychosocial activities and systematize the analysis system
- Participate in the development and follow-up of researches in link with universities and relevant institutions in Ethiopia or abroad, and HQ
Team management & capacity building
- Ensure the direct supervision of the MHPSS program officers and support them in the supervision of the mental health team
- Identify the needs of MHPSS staff for the program, draft their job profiles and organize their recruitment
- Identify the training needs for the MHPSS team and facilitate the implementation of a global training plan for the MHPSS staff
- Provide technical support and training on MHPSS to the entire program team
- Organize the capacity building for staff working for other organizations and partners
- Maintain good inter-team communication
- Represent MdM in coordination meetings with local authorities, national and international health and mental health partners
- Participate in technical meetings with partners of the project to design standardized tools for MHPSS reporting and data collection and consolidate a MHPSS legal and strategic framework
- Provide monthly reporting on MHPSS activities
- Participate in fundraising and proposal writing and donor reporting
- Ensure the production of summaries and analyses of the data collected and compiled
- Ensure coordination and information sharing with the MHPSS advisor at HQ
Your terms employment
Starting date: as soon as possible
Based in Addis Ababa with regular movements to the field covering Somali, SNPP, Tigray, Oromia and Afar regions
Gross monthly salary: 3119 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two facilities – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Insurance (repatriation …)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process:
Below are the job requirements for this Medecins Du Monde Vacancy Announcement
Psychiatrist or psychologist with an accomplished specialization degree
Masters degree in clinical psychology, mental health or related field
Project management training
Experience in leading MHPSS programs and activities
At least 3 years relevant professional experience in a similar position in humanitarian sector
Experience in negotiation with local authorities, partners and staff in difficult contexts is an asset You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
Experience in mhGAP, PM+ PFA
Experience in designing community and facility-based MHPSS approach
Ability to make effective decisions accordingly to the context
Ability to work in a volatile security context and to apply strict security rules
Ability to manage a team and work with partners in a multi-cultural setting
Ability to have a global overview of a program and long-term strategy
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
Ability to listen, diplomacy
Good organizational skills, including time management
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Languages : Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory. French or Amharic is an asset.
Below are the application instructions for this Medecins Du Monde Vacancy Announcement
How to Apply
The application is currently closed.
For more vacancy alerts like Medecins Du Monde Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram