Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, May 5, 2023
Organization: Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)
Position: Nutrition Assistant (Local Status)
Experience Level: Not Required
Salary: As per the salary scale of MSF
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: May 4, 2023
Deadline: May 13, 2023
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Duration: Until December 31/2023 with Possible Extension
Under the supervision of the Nutritional Nurse, participating in the nutritional case management of children suffering from acute malnutrition according to MSF nutritional and hygiene protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities and improve the health conditions of the targeted population.
• Carrying out basic health care (swabbing, applying local treatments, etc.) following the rules on hygiene and asepsis.
• Informing caretakers on the functioning of the centre: lay out, daily activity plan (number and frequency of the meals, medical visit, weight measurement, etc.) and other general information.
• Distributing meals according to medical prescriptions for each patient, ensuring that no other food is given in place. Reporting on daily basis, the intake of the patients under nutritional treatment.
• Providing hygienic training and sanitation education to children, mothers and the targeted population and stimulating mothers to breast-feed.
• Monitoring and reporting weight and other vital indicators, if necessary, (temperature, heart and respiratory rates) of each patient. Applying the correct procedures in the event of a fever or hypothermia and reporting to the nurse pathologic symptoms such as, apathetic, anorexia, not drinking, vomiting, fever, dehydration, diarrhea, etc. Preparing ORS, when required.
• Supervising drinking water availability in the ward, and ensuring it is well identified.
• Supervising the maintenance of clean premises and materials
Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
MSF Section/ Context Specific Accountabilities
• Participate actively in every feeding session; giving caretakers necessary advice and help, and ensuring a calm environment
Correct waste segregation and disposal according to MSF protocol- respect the bucket system in place
Teamwork and cooperation
• Participate and attend meetings organised by the department or supervisor
• Participate and attend all mandatory trainings as communicated by the supervisor
• Be flexible and support colleagues and other departments when situation requires it
Medicins Sans Frontieres Belgium Vacancy Announcement 2023
Literacy and Sound Knowledge on Nutrition Protocols.
Amharic and English required,Afar Language desirable.
|· Not Required
Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/sent: by email: msfocb-afar-HRManager@brussels.msf.org OR YOU CAN BRING HARD COPY TO OUR OFFICE LOCATED AT AFAR, SEMERA INFRONT OF ARDI ETHIOPIA HOTEL (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 04/05/2023
Closing date: 13/05/2023
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
For more vacancy alerts like this Medicins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram