Medical Liaison Officer – Medecins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium) Vacancy Announcement, September 5 2023
Organization: Medecins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)
Position: Medical Liaison Officer
Deadline: September 11, 2023
- Participates in the collection of medical information at regional level (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Participate in the regular Health Cluster and Adhoc emergency meetings in Mekele, scan for any potential outbreak disease, report immediately for any notified disease
- Identify any potential for collaboration and/or partnership with MOH and other actors
- In close collaboration with the PMRs and Deputy Medco for the Northern projects, ensure smooth information sharing across projects
- Support the project PMRs in developing the medical strategies during AROs. Participate in the revision of medical policies and SOPs taking into account local contexts
- Contribute to advocacy initiatives through the provision of required medical information at the regional level
- Participate in assessments, outbreak investigations and emergency response interventions, when needed
- Act as a focal person for coordinating and sending samples to Tigray Public Health Institute
- Liaise with Regional Health Bureau for regular for issues related to vertical programs like vaccines supplies for EPI, SRH commodities, Supplies linked to PEP, TB and HIV, Malaria commodities etc.
- Advise the Northern projects to participate whenever there is impactful campaigns for the beneficiaries such as cleft repair surgeries, fistula repairs, cardiac surgeries, cataract …
Referral and Staff health
- Carryout medical follow-up of all staff and patients evacuated/referred from Northern projects in the application of MSF staff health policies and referral SOPs.
- Follow-up patients referred by MSF field teams to the regional capital, organizing their transport, follow-up on the treatment they receive and their evolution
- Carry out all the administrative procedures and documentation. Fills in the necessary registers and health files, participates in data collection and provides the monthly medical report to the Medical coordinator.
- Establishes and maintains a good relationship with the health care providers in Mekele,
- Ensure verification of medical invoices received before submitting to the respective projects for payment processing
- Organise medical files and vaccination records in a locked cabinet
- Follow up and track the vaccination of the staff on Hepatitis B, Tetanus
- Responsible for briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members on staff health
- Ensures medical briefings to all staff members and advises them on health issues during their work.
- Provides emergency care when necessary including basic treatment/nursing care, arrangements of transport, visits to doctors, etc.
- Support the project team whenever required. Assist in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Performing other duties at the request of Deputy Medco, base responsible or PMRs and FieldCos.
|Education||Medical doctor or paramedical degree. Desirable specialization on Master of public Health
|Experience||Essential 3 years of working experience within MSF Specific training in Epidemiology or Public Health is an added value|
|Language||English, Amharic and Tigrigna|
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your National ID, CV (not more than 3 pages), and cover letter (not more than one page) with “Medical Liason Officer” written in the subject line directly through Ethio-jobs.
Deadline: September 11, 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF Belgium promotes EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION. We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like Medecins Sans Frontieres-Belgium (MSF-Belgium)vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram