Communication Specialist – Marie Stopes International Ethiopia, March 2 2023
- Organization: Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
- Job Title: Communication Specialist
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Experience Level: Senior level (5-7years)
- Number of Position: 01
- Employment Type: Contract
- Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
- Deadline Date: March 9, 2023
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
Under the leadership of the Senior Marketing and Communication Officer, the Social Behavior Change and Communications Specialist plays a critical role in executing MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices’ mission through developing effective behavior change and communication strategy and tools targeting key populations, Donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
Job Responsibility #1: Media and communication strategy
- Develop effective social behavior change and communication strategy and execution plan with MIS principles
- Develop and maintain communication processes and internal systems for MSI, partners and government ministries that work on the project.
- Sharing communication platforms and dissemination channels.
- Share information about the project and on-the-ground efforts with the public and lead the project’s exploration of targeted campaigns.
- Responsible for drafting and producing information packets (briefing papers, fact sheets, etc.); Composes, edits, and manages electronic and hard‐copy materials that capture the stories behind project work.
- Develops deep knowledge of programs via ongoing participation in meetings, field visits, partnership meetings, and active information seeking.
- Conducts filming and video recording of project activities.
- Documents and maintains activities using video, photo and electronic presentations.
- Provides technical support to different project employees in the production advocacy/visibility works and PR related activities.
- Networking, relationship building, information gathering and dissemination with all relevant actors.
- Produce learning brief regularly from the project
- Produce high level communication materials to be used at government and donor level for advocacy
- Share knowledge management materials produced at organization level and different platforms
Job Responsibility #2: Coordinate and manage MISE’s Press & Media Relations
- Provide advice to the MSIE projects staffs and stakeholders on PR related issues
- Responsible for preparing guidance (FAQs, Talking Points, etc.) in anticipation of inquiries from the news media regarding the project activities, especially in the event of an emergency response.
- Collaborate and share information with CI (in collaboration with the CI Communications Working Group) to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of good press and media relations.
- Plan strategic events/activities for wider media coverage, especially in the event of an emergency response.
- Responsible for the identification of topics for, and development of, press releases.
- Lead press visits and information dissemination.
Job Responsibility #3: Prepare all aspects (coordination with all stakeholders and contributors, as well as production, layout, publication, and working with vendors) of quality periodic in-house Newsletters
- Gather information/input from projects, employees, or other sources.
- Responsible for follow-up and recording of events related to MSI’s and stakeholders’ activities.
- Organize, prepare and design, and distribute the internal a monthly newsletter.
- Produce and distribute newsletter of projects
- Produce and distribute SBCC/IEC materials
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health , social sciences, communication or related field Experience:
- 5 to 7 years of experience in health education, health promotion, social behavior change and communication
Skill, Attitude and Attributes:
- Proven experience in social behavior change & communication or similar roles
- Demonstrated experience in developing and disseminating IEC/BCC materials in the areas of SRH, humanitarian and GBV interventions
- Demonstrated experience in developing communication materials to showcase impacts, project results and capacity
- Demonstrated experience in developing case studies, producing powerful stories,
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication and writing skills both in Amharic & English languages
- Ability to present and write to multiple audiences.
- Ability to work well with others in team environments.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work with frequent travel
- Motivated for personal and professional development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to: We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to down load the job application form from https://www.mariestopes.org.et/join-our-team/ and email to Humanresource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
For more vacancy alerts for Ethiopia Health Professionals like this Marie Stopes International Ethiopia Vacancy, Join us on Telegram