Light for the World Vacancy Announcement, May 6, 2023
Organization: Light for the World
Position: Field Level Project Coordinator, Maychew, seconded to TRHB
Location: Maychew Town, Tigray
Experience Level: Senior Level (4 – 6 years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: May 4, 2023
Deadline: May 14, 2023
Light for the World International and Tigray Regional Health Bureau (TRHB) have been partnering since 2006 with the establishment of the eye health service in the region. The partnership has been strengthening further with Global trachoma mapping project and then Neglected tropical disease elimination program (mainly trachoma and Lymphatic filariasis) which has been implemented across the entire region since 2014. To ensure the continuation of the service and revitalize the trachoma elimination program in the region, ARISE Phase II NTD project – Ethiopia with a financial support from the END Fund, Inc will be implemented in Southern and South-Eastern zones of Tigray. The project is mainly focusing on Trachomatous Trichiasis surgery and Trachoma antibiotic distribution service provision. Therefore, Light for the World International is looking for a qualified candidate to be seconded to TRHB based in the Southern zone, Maychew town with frequent travel to districts/ project sites.
Light for the world therefore seeks the services of an experienced and self-driven person to work on this project hence the vacancy below.
Reporting to the regional program coordinator, close working relationships with regional finance team and functional working relationships with the Program manager at the country office the primary purpose of the role is to manage the planning, implementation, reporting and coordination of the ARISE Phase II NTD project – Ethiopia in Southern and South-Eastern zones of Tigray. The role holder will be seconded to TRHB based in Southern zone, and his/her main responsibility is to plan and coordinate the implementation of Trachoma Mass Drug Administration (MDA) and Trachomatous Trichiasis (TT) surgery. In addition to this main role, the post holder is responsible to provide the necessary technical support to district health offices to ensure proper planning and management of health care delivery system. He/she is also responsible for fostering networking with other stakeholders in the respective targeted districts in the project implementation area.
· Under the direct supervision of the regional program coordinator and support from the program manager, support district health offices in Southern and South-Eastern Tigray with planning, implementation and monitoring of the ARISE Phase II NTD project – Ethiopia by ensuring project cycle management standards and procedures are in place.
· Provide the necessary support for the health system strengthening and integration of NTDs program within the existing health system.
· Plan and coordinate regular TT surgery outreach campaigns with district health offices, TT surgeons and respective eye care units.
· Ensure proper sweeping and geographical service coverage for TT surgery across the target districts.
· Lead the planning, implementation and monitoring of Trachoma antibiotic distribution in the target districts along with the respective health offices.
· Ensure the national trachoma guidelines and ICTC preferred practices are mainstreamed throughout the project implementation.
· Develop relationships with other stakeholders at operational levels and take primary role in regular monitoring of the project implementation and technical support to the project partners.
· Support the training of health workers and NTD focal persons at zonal and district levels for the effective implementation of the project.
· Play a proactive role in mobilizing stakeholders to take part in these initiatives.
· Communicate progresses, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project related issues to the respective Government representative and regional Program coordinator at Light for the World International.
· Provide regular project progress report (Quarterly, Bi-annual, and annual) as per the donor reporting templates.
· Coordinate and work with the respective finance/grant team to ensure proper and efficient financial management.
· Perform additional related assignments as may be requested and instructed by the Reginald Programme coordinator.
Light for the World Vacancy Announcement 2023
· BSc in public health or other health related discipline . Masters in the same discipline would be an asset.
· A minimum of four years for masters and six years for BSc’ work experience in a similar INGO or recognized NGO role which explicitly involved donor-funded and Health projects.
· Prior experience on NTDs project implementation would be an asset.
· Strong presentation and facilitation skills with very good communication and negotiation skills.
· Quality report writing skills with a sound project cycle management knowledge is highly required.
· High level of interpersonal integrity and leadership skills with good team spirit.
· Ability to coordinate project implementation with partners.
· Language competency in English and Tigrigna is mandatory.
Light for the World Vacancy Announcement 2023
How to Apply
Please send non-returnable CV and a cover letter mentioning how your experiences match with the job advert until 14th of May 2023. Please mention your expected salary in your application letter and include 3 professional references into your CV. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people with disabilities and or women to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview or any other assessments. You may also see the detail advert on ethiojobs website.
For more vacancy alerts like this Light for the World Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram