Laboratory technologist – Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) Vacancy Announcement, March 23 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI)
Position: Laboratory technologist
Location: Addis Ababa, Adama, Diredawa, Hawasa
Deadline: April 1, 2023
Required Number —-One per site (Addis Ababa, Adama, Diredawa, Hawasa)
Duration of Contract: For 3 months, with possibility of extension.
Report to: TB & HIV Research Directorate
Duties and responsibilities
· Collect biologic specimens, process for storage
· Conduct on-site testing as specified in protocol
· Process specimens for transportation
· Transport specimens for permanent storage
· Complete relevant forms and proper archival
· Meet/communicate with supervisor daily to update collected sample, information and challenges faced during sample collection.
· Track inventory of medical and lab supplies; maintain tracking and management of sample flow
·Establish mobile laboratory facility
· Collaborate with EPHI laboratory staff and act as counselor/interviewer/ receptionist when required.
Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) is a national organization mandated to manage, build research capacity, and promote and strengthen public health research activities in the country. The institute is also mandated to nationwide comprehensive health related data synthesis of evidence that public health related decision-makings rely on. Currently, EPHI in collaboration with FMOH is planning to conduct the HIV Bio Behavioral survey among people who inject drugs (PWID) in Ethiopia.
As part of implementing the study, the EPHI would like to announce a vacancy for competent and interested individuals for the following posts. The qualified individual will be functioning in collaboration with a member of the HIV survey team.
- Excellent organization, programming and communication skills
- Proven experience on HIV, HBV/Syphilis testing using rapid test kits
- Proven experience on the current algorithm of HIV rapid testing procedures
- Experience on sample management for virological testing purpose is preferred
- Prior experience on venous blood collection for bio behavioral survey among key population is an asset.
Required educational Qualification
· BSc and above in the fields of medical laboratory and having of 6+ years demonstrated experiences in biological specimens at health care or large laboratory setting
How to Apply
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application. If not attached the copies you may be not short listed.
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Public Health Institute Vacancy, Join us on Telegram