Washington Medical Center (WMC) Vacancy Announcement, March 17, 2023
Organization: Washington Medical Center (WMC)
Position: Junior Nurse
Employment: Full time
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Junior Level (1 year)
Number of Positions: 10
Date of Announcement: March 17, 2023
Deadline: March 26, 2023
Washington Medical Center (WMC) is a specialized secondary care health facility managed and staffed by Ethiopian, American and other visiting doctors who are committed to provide quality & affordable health care for residents of Addis Ababa including the international community.
The company is owned and managed by a group of physicians who have decades of experience in healthcare service and management with training and exposure to western standard healthcare and training.
The medical center is born as a result of the shareholders’ deep understanding of the demand for high quality healthcare service in Ethiopia and their deep commitment to contribute what they can towards meeting that. It opened its doors for service in January 2015. It has since become one of the best and the biggest medical centers operating in Addis Ababa serving more than 120,000 patients in just five years.
Currently, the center is primarily an internal medicine specialty center which provides a 24hours service using US and Ethiopian trained doctors. Sub-specialty services of internal medicine such as cardiology, neurology, nephrology, hematology, oncology, endocrinology, infectious diseases and travel medicine are among other disciplines for which the consultant physicians are available. The center will continue to mobilize competent doctors from Ethiopia and abroad to join hands to expand its service even further. The medical center would also be a multi-specialty service center before being upgraded to a full blown tertiary care hospital and medical school.
- Identify patients’ care requirements focus on their needs and act on them
- Nurture a compassionate environment by providing psychological support
- Resolve or report on patients’ needs or problems
- Prepare patients for examinations and perform routine diagnostic checks (monitor pulse, blood pressure and temperature, provide drugs and injections etc.)
- Report to the head nurse or the person in charge about any damaged patient room equipment’s or working instruments
- Monitor and record patient’s condition and document provided care services
- Treat medical emergencies
- Administer workloads
- Follow care regulations and standards
- Work within and cooperate with a multidisciplinary team
- BSC degree in Clinical Nursing or related field of studies
- A minimum of one-two years hand on experience experience is an advantage
- Practice with Kindness, ethics and Honesty to give the best and complete nursing care possible
- Familiarity with professional and technical emerging knowledge
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Compassionate with good communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
For more vacancy alerts like this Washington Medical Center Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram