Quality Assurance Officer
Job By: International Clinical Laboratories (ICL)
- Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Experience Level: Mid Level ( 4+ years experience)
- Number of Position: 01
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: As per company scale
- Deadline Date: March 2, 2023
International Clinical Laboratories (ICL) is one of the largest of independent clinical diagnostic centers on the African continent. ICL has opened its door for service in 2004 with the aim of “contributing to the maintenance and enhancement of the quality of life throughout Ethiopia” by encompassing a system of human and physical resources designed to meet the changing healthcare needs of the population it serves.
It is the only laboratory accredited by the USA based Joint Commission International (JCI) for five times in a row. The laboratory provides more than 3000 tests in collaboration with its referral laboratories.
ICL would like to fill the following vacant positions under Compliance and Quality Assurance Department by inviting all qualified and competent applicants.
- Prepare quality assurance operational plan at least on a monthly and quarterly basis and report periodically the implemented activities to compliance and quality assurance manager.
- Review/Revise appropriate documentation in the laboratories and patient service centers together with quality assurance team.
- Lead the internal quality control program (IQC) implementation and maintenance.
- Lead the External quality assessment (Proficiency testing) program.
- Monitoring aspect of care elements on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Ensure that all processes contributing to the quality management system performance of the organization are conducted properly.
- Preside over the improvement plans which are designed from the performance deficiencies and follow the implementation.
- Ensure that patient testing results are not reported until corrective action has been taken and the test system is functioning properly.
- Organize and lead annual quality assurance review meeting with the compliance and quality assurance director.
- Utilize guidance documents such as regulatory requirements, JCI standards, international standards, or consensus standards and interpret for internal quality assurance purpose.
Qualification and Experience:
- BSc on Medical Laboratory Science with 4 years and above proven experience as QA officer.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (EFDA) and procedures.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for quality assurance.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Certificate in Quality Management System
How to Apply
- Qualified applicants who fulfil the above requirements shall submit their updated CV with Cover Letter and copies of supporting documents in person to HR Admin office of ICL at “Bulgaria Mazoria”, or send using mail address email@example.com within 07 working days of this advertisement.
- Note: Please put the position title on the subject line of your email.