Intern/Apprentice – RFSA/Health & Nutrition, Catholic Relief Services – CRS; March 10 2023
Organization: Catholic Relief Services – CRS
Position: Intern/Apprentice – RFSA/Health & Nutrition
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: March 20 2023
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
CRS/ET/ RFSA Health and Nutrition team would like to accept to create a learning opportunity for young female associates. The RFSA Health and Nutrition sector has its own unique work culture based on the nature of the work; and the candidate will gain skill and knowledge from the diversified work that they are engaged in.
Background of the internship program
Following CRS-Ethiopia’s Country Program Gender Strategy and Action Plan, the Country Program started a female apprenticeship program in February 2018. The program’s objective is to provide opportunity for female graduates to put the knowledge they gained from university into practice. It also provided CRS-Ethiopia with as a mechanism to support recent graduates in preparing skills and knowledge to work for an NGO like CRS that then creates a cadre of young profession women that can support a more gender-balance workplace.
Internship opportunity provides a professional and personal development prospect and exposure to the candidate and let them contribute towards public and social welfare while honing their skills.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Position Title: RFSA Intern – Health & Nutrition Sector
Department: RFSA (Resilience Food Security Aid)
Required Number: One
Gender: Female only
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Employment Term: A total of one year internship period, with initial contract of three months, and extension of contract every three months. Extension will be considered based on need and performance.
Reports To: Program Manager II Health and Nutrition
Application Deadline: March 20, 2023
Objectives of Assigning Interns for Health and Nutrition team
The RFSA Health and Nutrition intern will perform various tasks related to Health and Nutrition. She will provide day to day support to the CRS ET Ifaa Health and Nutrition Sector for about 3 months based on the priorities reflected in yearly and quarterly plan; through closely discussing and working with the Health and Nutrition Programme Manager and the entire CRS/Partners Health and Nutrition team. The intern will be responsible for ensuring key actions under this task are delivered efficiently to support RFSA partners and consortia, particularly the Health and Nutrition team.
Some of the activities that the intern will support and be involved include:
- Support the reviewing/editing of ifaa HN materials translated in to afaan oromoo (training manuals, job aids, SBC materials, illustration captions); cascade the materials through communicating and work with frontline HEWs, CG promoters, CHNPs and other volunteers.
- Support in the overall technical scaleup and implementation of Ifaa Health and Nutrition activities including but not limited to Care Group Model, Community Based Complementary Feeding and Learning Sessions (CCFLS), and Budgeting for Nutrition, drafting reports as required, supporting workshop and training facilitation at CRS and partner level, conducting supportive supervision,
- Follow up on all HN related procurements, materials translations, illustrations, printing, and distribution, etc in close collaboration with CP procurement, and admin teams.
- Support and coordinate with internal teams and external consultants including copyeditors, translators, and illustrators to review, finalize and have print-ready health and nutrition manuals and SBCC materials as per the contracts and agreements.
- Conduct regular field visit to the Ifaa implementation Woredas and partners to ensure all above listed activities have all required engagement and input from partners, consortium, government sectors and community members.
- Support mainstreaming of safeguarding and protection requirements of CRS in all assignments she is participating in
- Provide other required supports as requested by the HN programme manager, CoP and DCoP.
- The Intern is expected to perform to optimal levels, seek for support where necessary.
- Accomplishments of the above-mentioned tasks and their inclusion into quarterly reports and monthly Ifaa updates.
- Consolidated Training/Workshop reports
- Final printed SBCC and other products delivered to CP and field office.
- Well Reviewed translated materials (in to afaan oromoo)
- The Intern will not supervise any staff, expected to create a good work relationship with the all RFSA team.
Typical Background & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Public Health, Health related, or Nutrition.
• Fresh graduate – graduated within 2 years from the date of vacancy.
• a minimum of 3.0 CGPA
• No professional work experience required
• Computer and administrative skills
Required Language: Afaan Oromo – speak, read, and write
Travel Required percentage: frequent travel to Dire Dawa/Harar, Ifaa Woredas and their intervention Kebeles
Key Working Relationships:
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through this link: https://form.jotform.com/230662875542562 and attach your up-to-date CV on/before the application deadline March 20, 2023.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women & persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply**
For more internship opportunity alerts, join us on Telegram