Health and Nutrition Officer – BHA II, Save the Children Vacancy Announcement, September 5 2023
Organization: Save the Children
Position: Health and Nutrition Officer – BHA II
Location: Woldiya FO, Amhara
Employment: Full time
Deadline: Sep 15, 2023
- Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The position holder shall be in charge of leading, technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible for the daily implementation of the screening, OTP, consultation, outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood and child health as per the guideline of Amhara RHB mobile health and Nutrition teams. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation of screened children and mothers, children admitted to OTP, children and adults treated, people provided for health education, vaccinated children and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Health and Nutrition Coordinator
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Health and Nutrition Coordinator
Number of direct reports: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Responsible for overall planning, implementation and M&E of Health and nutrition activities in the assigned Woreda.
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of mobile health and Nutrition activities, site selection and prepare weekly movement plan.
- Provide basic health and nutrition services including community IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency services, referral, health education, EPI as per MOH Mobile health and nutrition guideline
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products for the team and the selected health facilities
- Facilitate training and work closely with WHO staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of OTP, EPI, health education and consultations through using mobile Health and nutrition standards.
- Ensure referral system and linkage between services and with the health facilities
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plumpnut and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy and submit to Woreda Project officers.
- Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
- Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
- Work any tasks assigned by the line manager and the organization.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modellng Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and certifications:
- Minimum of bachelor’s in public health or nursing
- Minimum three years working experience with out of which two years in maternal, child Health and nutrition service at HC/Hospital setting.
- Working in CMAM program and/ mobile health and Nutrition and experience for NGOs is advantage.
- Experience in clinical setups is mandatory particularly Maternal and child health areas
· Knowledge, training and experience in management of IMAM, SAM management and IMNCI/ICCM.
· Solid technical skill on case management of childhood and adult illness, safe motherhood
· Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Good command in written and spoken English and Local language (Amharic).
· Good human relation skills.
· Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program.
· Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Use the below link to apply:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
For more vacancy alerts like Save the Children vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram