Head, Pre-hospital Emergency Care Services – Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) Vacancy Announcement, March 28 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS)
Position: Head, Pre-hospital Emergency Care Services
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: April 4, 2023
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs Disaster Risk Reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the pre hospital emergency care services; first aid and ambulance service in accordance with the regulatory requirement.
- Drives increased revenue to achieve NS’s stretched objectives set in the strategic plan;
- Develops first aid and ambulance service policy, strategy, operational standard and guideline and ensure implementation upon approval;
- Follow up first aid and ambulance services are carried out in accordance with the policies and procedures in place by the Society.
- Oversees and ensures responses to emergency calls involving accidents, disasters or medical emergencies are timely and quickly effected.
- Ensures promotion of first aid and ambulance service to the community at large, private and government hospitals, and health insurance agencies.
- Develops and ensures the existence of standardization and expansion of first aid and ambulance services throughout the structure of the National Society.
- Make sure that all first aid and ambulance service professionals; emergency medical technicians, ambulance vehicle drivers etc. are ready to provide 24 hours service to emergency needs.
- Make sure that first aid and ambulance customers has got efficient and effective service delivery.
- Monitors and evaluates the performances of first aid and ambulance services, produces and issues regular and special reports on the performance of the service;
- Develop and implement a strategic and operational plan for the service that addresses: mission, staff development issues, quality improvement, financial performance, market assessment and analysis, and fleet management.
- Benchmark key performance indicators and major processes in order to move towards best practices and assure consistency of these indicators across the collaborative network.
- Assure compliance with all external regulatory agencies and organizations for all areas of responsibility.
- Utilize continuous quality improvement philosophies, techniques and tools in all aspects of the operation.
- Develop supportive working relationships with other executives within the organization as well as developing key relationships within the communities we serve.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities of first aid and ambulance services under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of health and pharmaceuticals.
Work Unit: – Pre-hospital Emergency Care Service Division
Reports to:- DRM Director
Terms of employment: – Contract, with possibility of extension based on the performance.
- Second/First Degree in Public Health/Health Officer/ Nursing or Doctor Medicine
(MD)/ Second Degree MD
- 8/10 years or for MD 5/7 years relevant experience and out of this 2/3 years in managerial position
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form
With the indicated link https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/IyUTlyf1 before the closing date of this announcement on April 4, 2023.
For more vacancy alerts like this Ethiopian Red Cross Society vacancy announcement, join us on Telegram