International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement, April 1, 2023
Organization: International Medical Corps (IMC)
Position: GBV Response officer (1) – Sheder
Employment: Fixed Term
Location: Somali Region Sheder Refuge Camp
Experience Level: Mid Level (3 years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Salary: As per the organization scale
Date of Announcement: March 31, 2023
Deadline: April 10, 2023
Summary of Job Description
[The Response officer will work closely with the IMC GBV Senior, prevention officer, Assistance Response Officer, and other implementing partners on supporting and assisting GBV survivors and vulnerable women and girls. She is also responsible for identifying the gaps and areas of support for psychosocial support activities with Assistance Response Officer and report to the Senior GBV Officer.]
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Work closely with GBV survivors on comprehensive case management based on the informed consent.
- Provide and support on psychosocial support for GBV survivors and other vulnerable women and girls in WGSS after being equipped by the necessary material.
- Develop TOR and facilitate training on adapted cases management for the staffs and other thematic sectors to respond to a Case management.
- Organize monthly case management meetings with stockholders.
- Develop a GBV referral pathway with the collaboration of other implementing partners.
- Develop TOR for CMR training and share it with the Senior Officer
- Develop TOR and facilitate training for front-line health care providers and hygiene promoters in basic principles of supportive response to GBV survivors and referral pathways.
- Work closely with the women and children affairs office which local government on technical support as per the need.
- Work in coordination with other partners and the Government to respond to GBV survivors’ needs.
- Maintain records of activities and produce regular reports including weekly update success and lesson learnt.
- Create a positive working environment with other IMC sectors.
- Present IMC in all GBV related meeting at woreda level accordingly (when Senior Officer absent).
- Apply any direction from supervisors considering flexibility among the organization.
- Maintain proper time of working based on the HR policy.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Human Resource Management & Capacity Building
- Assist in the recruitment and training of GBV staff
- With support from IMC HR, conduct staff performance evaluations of GBV staff in a timely manner.
- Adhere with IMC PSEA and safeguarding policies
- Work with HR to ensure accuracy of all GBV program job descriptions for staff and their responsibilities.
- In collaboration with GBV program manager, design and monitor capacity building strategies for GBV staff.
- Ensure staff support and debriefing processes are in place, and that staff safety planning is conducted and regularly updated.
- Develop, implement, and promote effective team communication techniques and systems, including regular senior staff meetings.
- Contribute to a positive IMC team environment
Coordination & Collaboration
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders including CBOs.
- Collaborate with other IMC sectors and operations personnel to ensure that the program is properly supported and that all project-related operational activities are conducted according to IMC HR, Logistics, Finance and other policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the GBV program manager, promote and represent the interests of the GBV program with regards to all relevant stakeholders.
- And any other activity as requested by the supervisor
Individual Guiding Principles
Ensure vulnerable women including survivors of GBV are safe at all times; Respect their wishes, rights and dignity; Keep their experiences confidential and do not discriminate them.
1. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, social work or Reproductive Health or related experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the above-mentioned fields is required.
- Background in SGBV, Human Rights, PSEA and/or Protection.
- Experience in case management and psycho-social support
- Experience working with Refugee.
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English and different language spoken if possible.
2. Additional Characteristics
- Clear understanding of gender inequality, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients always is essential.
- Ability to lead, train, supervise, facilitate, and motivate other GBV staff in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful, and supportive manner.
- Strong planning, organization, and problem-solving skills with ability to work both independently and within a team in a demanding work environment.
- Excellent personnel management skills, including diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure.
- Experience collaborating in protection, gender and human rights related activities.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV by clearly stating the position that you are applying through www.ethiojobs.net OR before April 10, 2023.
Female Applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this International Medical Corps (IMC) Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram