Field Officer (for TWU Project), People In Need – PIN Vacancy Announcement; May 24 2023
Organization: People In Need – PIN
Position: Field Officer (for TWU Project)
Employment: Full time
Location: Based in Yabelo or Bule Hora with frequent travel to different regions of Ethiopia
Deadline: May 31, 2023
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, (https://www.alliance2015.org/ a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
More information at https://www.peopleinneed.net/ or HERE.
PIN currently is seeking energetic, disciplined, responsible Field Officer
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of Field Officer
Length of Contract: Definite until September 30/2025
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Filed Coordinator the FO has the responsibility to contribute towards improving the capacity of town water utilities in the assigned project areas. The FO will plan, coordinate and follow up the capacity building and other training for town water utilities and the responsible personnel in the project operation areas. FO is also accountable for the preparation of pre- and post-training tests for water scheme operators in their respective areas and for regular post-training follow-up on smooth operation and maintenance of water schemes in the project operation areas based on the PIN standard follow-up checklist.
- Conduct continuous regular based awareness raising campaigns, meetings, and events on water scheme management, water reporting, and Water Source inventories.
- Overall responsible for the planning, managing, coordination, and regular monitoring of the project activities to ensure smooth and fast implementation of the Town Water Utility project.
- Ensure quality project delivery at field levels of the project cycle management in line with the national town water utility and policy approach.
- Executing water utility, customer forum, and Water board tasks with harmonizing the policies, strategies, roles, and responsibilities of utility stakeholders.
- Providing technical support on Human Resources management for utility on strategic business planning for their office, on the asset management utility and capabilities of the utility to have excellent technical skills on asset management and so on.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and manage the utility-integrated database management for utility.
- Serve as a local primary contact person in the assigned town utility and create collaborative and positive partnerships.
- Manage capacity-building training on Financial Management (Business plan, strategic plan, Accounting, Tariff setting, Billing, and Asset Management), Human resource management (HR concepts and legislations, processes, and protocols for staff appointments, performance evaluation, promotion, disciplinary procedures, etc…), Policies, strategies, roles, and responsibilities, Strategic business plans, Asset management, experience sharing, Operation and maintenance (electromechanical & water supply systems), GIS and database management, Non-Revenue Water (NRW) and Leakage Management, water quality and safety plan, and on mandates of Customer forums and Water boards.
- Equip the TWU Technical manager, Mechanics/technicians, and electricians on the best practices and uses of electro-mechanical equipment in day-to-day operations of the urban water supply services
- Regular Post – training mentoring and assistance. track progress toward implementing the post-training action plans
- Ensure utility Billing software is used properly (introduce new software in TWU or assist TWUs with additional modules or upgrade of existing ones)
- Increased transparency, accountability, sense of ownership, and communication via functional water governance structure in targeted towns.
- Monitor the functionality of water boards through regular supervision together with MEAL Team based on the core responsibility /Function of water boards
- Make sure that Community Feedback Response Mechanism (CFRM) will be established and mainstreamed within all activities as per PIN internal policy. Contact information (hotline number, complaint boxes, and marked desks at kebele level), as well as purpose, is explained and displayed on all relevant sites and/or distributed items
- Prepare training ToR and produce training reports timely.
- Collaborate with other actors working in the target community
- Be flexible and be able to assist with different activities not included in this primary job description.
- Perform other assignments corresponding to the actual needs of the mission, program, units, and project up on request of the line manager/CMT (Country Management team)
- Substitute other related staff during absence as assigned by the line Manager
- Understand and adhere to the overall PIN code of conduct, policies, guidelines, and manual
- Understand and adhere to all donor’s and PIN guidelines and policies, with a special focus on safeguarding and protection policies
- Accountability and Safeguarding including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH)
- Carry out the duties in accordance with the PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Participate in training and awareness raising (CoC and KP, Safeguarding…).
- Ensure that his/her team members attend training and awareness sessions and carry out the duties in accordance with PIN Code of Conduct and Key policies.
- Ensure that due diligence and/or capacity assessments of partners include an assessment of partners’ implementation of key safeguarding and risk policies/ procedure including the prevention of SEAH.
- Create and maintain a fulfilling and protective environment.
- Other assignments corresponding to actual needs of the project, program or mission up on the request of line manager/CMT member
- Standard work schedule of 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday
- Per diems for working and Accommodation outside of the duty office depending on the location
- Transport Allowance
- Emergency allowance for the emergency program staffs
- Bank loan facilities
- 20 days of paid annual and after 5 years of work an extra paid day for every year
- Extra days of paid leaves for selected holidays
- Medical insurance, including spouse and children
- Accident insurance for all injuries during work time based on the law
- Pension contribution of 11 % from PIN
- Paternity leave of extra 2 paid days above the mandatory 3 days
- Maternity leave according to the law and extra financial motherhood support
- Monthly mobile phone hybrid tariff
- PIN supports fast career growth and internal mobility
- International environment with opportunities to learn from other PIN’s country programs
- Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings, including the Induction training
- Internal online learning opportunities, such as access to PIN’s e-learning platform and webinars
- Annual staff retreat
- Friendly and fair work environment with small collective where everyone knows each other
- BA/BSC Degree in the field of WASH, Hydraulic Engineering, Water supply and environmental Engineering, Electromechanical engineering, Water resource engineering, public heath, Economics, Business Administration, Environmental health and WASH related fields
- At least Two years Experience in WASH, town Water Utility, Project planning, implementation, reporting, field monitoring, coordination with other stakeholders, experience in WASH in NGOs, etc.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via the following link: APPLY TO:- Field Officer for TWU Project until May 31/2023
- Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
- People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need engages /is in contact with. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more vacancy alerts like this People In Need Vacancy, join us on Telegram