54 FMCG Vacancy Announcement, April 6, 2023
Organization: 54 FMCG
Position: Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Officer – Kality
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
Experience Level: Junior Level ( 2 years)
Number of Positions: Not Specified
Date of Announcement: April 3, 2023
Deadline: April 13, 2023
The EHS Officer, also known as health, safety, and environment officers and environment health and safety officers, monitor health and safety, assess risk, and design strategies to reduce potential hazards within an assigned workplace. She/he also take appropriate steps to ensure that workers are properly instructed and notified concerning the hazards of their respective occupations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design strategies to reduce incidents of illness, environmental accidents, and other issues that may affect employees’ safety.
- Design training programs to provide safety awareness education..
- Report Occupational Health and Safety issues to the concerned government authority.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures on Occupational Health, Safety and Environment.
- Prepare reports on incidents (including near misses) and compile statistical information to present to upper management on Health Safety and Environment matters.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the employer/ASTCO meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure that safety inspections, risk assessments, working procedures are managed, and contractors and employees are aware of their responsibilities in relation to health and safety issues
- Ensure full and accurate health, safety and environmental training records are documented.
- Make sure the sanitation and hygiene of the working environment are to the standard.
- Establish an EHS Committee, manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the employees and stakeholders.
- Provide regular reports to the concerned Managers on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in regular site meetings to report on relevant health & safety matters and to provide necessary advice.
- Register employment accidents and occupational diseases and report same to the labor inspection service.
- Ensure that employees are provided with proper PPE and instruct them of their use
- Take appropriate precautions to ensure that all the processes of work in the undertaking shall not be a source or cause of physical, chemical, biological, ergonomic and psychological hazards to the health and safety of the workers.
- Creating and implementing an Environmental Management Plan/policy
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the concerned Manager.
- Experience of preparing and presenting training
- Good computer skill
- Be able to communication clearly, accurately in plain simple language to non-safety specialists
- Good coordination & team player skill
- Knowledge of Environment, food safety, HACCP, Kaizen and related
- Extrovert and good communication skill
- Ability to analyze data and produce concise written reports
- Ability to manage complex scenarios
- Ability to undertake risk assessments
- Bsc. Degree in Environment, Health and Safety Science
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in similar position in similar FMCG industries.
How to Apply
Submit your CV via email email@example.com
Note: Please Title Your Application With Subject Line: -“Environment Health And Safety (EHS) Officer”
For more vacancy alerts like this 54 FMCG Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram