Deputy General Coordinator – Médecins Du Monde – France Vacancy Announcement, March 20 2023
Organization: MÉDECINS DU MONDE -FRANCE
Position: Deputy General Coordinator
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
Salary: 80,870.00 ETB
Deadline: March 31, 2023
Médecins du monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian organization which provides emergency and long-term medical care to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Médecins du Monde (MDM) is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects. MDM–France invites qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Duty station: Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
Employment Term: 12 months contract with possibility of extension
Basic Salary: 80,870.00 ETB
Reported to: The General Coordinator
Required positions: 1 (One)
Date of the announcement: 20/03/2023
Deadline to apply: 31/03/2023.
Under the supervision of the General Coordinator, She/he is in charge of directly overseeing the implementation of the projects activities and ensuring the overall quality and guidance of its programming. Also, you are responsible in supporting the General Coordinator in designing and rolling out the mission strategy in the country.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Ensure a close monitoring of the context, humanitarian and epidemiological situations
- Coordinate the organization of needs assessments as and when required.
- Participate and contribute to the development and rolling out of the mission strategy
- Ensure quality program implementation, in line with MdM mandate and guiding principles
- Make sure the different components of the programs are consistent, accurately integrated and according to the needs of the target population
- Coordination with all partners through Consortium Coordinator to review the quality and progress of the implementation
- Regular budget follow-ups of all programs and ensure compliance to donor regulations
- Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments involved in the programs
- Coordinate with General Coordinator for needed communication with donor or authorities in case of context evolution and subsequent necessary adjustment in the response.
Monitoring and reporting
- Carry out a quarterly review of programmatic performance based on the monitoring framework and available indicators.
- Contribute to the organization and realization of external evaluation as and when required
- Participate in the writing of quality donor activity reports and proposals
- Support in development of infographics covering different component of the MdM programs like quarterly newsletter, fact sheet and success stories.
- Ensure that a clear and solid M&E framework is in place at mission level, with regular reviews/assessments and effective feedback mechanism in close collaboration with the program teams and coordinators.
- Visit to project sites for better understanding of the project implementation, and improvements.
- Supervises the program team: Medical Coordinator, MHPSS coordinator, Consortium Coordinator, Nutrition Coordinator, GBV Advisor and MEAL Coordinator. And maintain functional links with 3 Field Coordinators of Afar, Oromia and Tigray regions.
- Ensure information sharing and develop a good team dynamic.
- Provide support and mentorship to improve the capacity of the team especially national staff.
- Regularly and proactively represent MdM in coordination forums related to health, nutrition, etc. as well as with other actors including UN.
- Develop and maintain collaboration with authorities, such as regional finance and health bureaus, Disaster and Risk Managemental Commission (federal and regional), etc.
- Support the General Coordinator in organization of donor field visits or meetings as and when required.
Educational Qualification and Professional Experience
- Medical or public health (preferred), GBV, MHPSS and/or Nutrition background
- At least 3-5 years of experience in humanitarian settings
- Experience in an international NGO
- Preferable experience in health sector
Skills and qualities required.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.).
- Capacity to work and to live in a multicultural environment
- Ability to cope with last minutes changes and solution oriented
- Listening and diplomacy skills
- Team manager with a strong leadership
- Experience in management of multi donor budgets
Required personal skills
- Independence, ability to take the initiative and of responsibility
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Good analysis, objective, able to take a step back and analyse
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise and coach the work
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills in day to day and crisis situations
- Ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Fluent English and Amharic essential (partner, staff, and international community English-speaking, reporting), including excellent English writing skills
- French: an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form through the following link
(Note : All the information that provided in the form is true and accurate ) and submit your CV with Cover letter through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Deputy General Coordinator .
NB: Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 15 days of the submission date of the deadline, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
For more vacancy alerts like this Médecins Du Monde -France Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram