Clinical Nurse – Goal Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, April 7 2023
Organization: Goal Ethiopia
Position: Clinical Nurse
Deadline: April 17, 2023
|Job title:||Clinical Nurse|
|Reports to:||Senior Health & Nutrition Officer|
|Number of Posts||2 (Two)|
|Closing date:||April 17, 2023|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Health & Nutrition Officer, the Clinical Nurse will mainly be responsible to assist the senior health and nutrition officer with the day-to-day implementation of outreach EPI, health education, and screening, OTP, as per the guideline of RHB/FMOH mobile health and nutrition standards. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of the mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. She/he will also be responsible for day-to-day documentation, people provided for health education, vaccinated children, screened children and mothers, outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood, and child health, children admitted to OTP, and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with senior health and nutrition officer and Woreda health offices. Clinical Nurses also is responsible for teaching patients about preventing and managing medical conditions. Clinical Nurses who provide patient care in clinical settings include assessing a patient’s condition, administering medication, setting IVs, updating patient records, providing emotional support, and/or educating patients on how to manage their illness or injury.
Key Areas of Accountability/Duties
· Treating and managing the health concerns of patients and populations.
· Provide direct clinical care, working closely with the senior health and nutrition officer to ensure the delivery of
· high-quality comprehensive primary healthcare services.
· Triage, screening, and assessment of patients (in line with COVID and other protocols).
· Triage patients and identify those with danger signs who require priority urgent care.
· Provision of inpatient and outpatient treatment, ensuring medications are given to patients as prescribed by the senior health and nutrition officer.
· Delivery of hygiene promotion, health education, and patient/caregiver counseling.
· Ensure adherence to infection prevention and control measures.
· Ensure accurate recording of information in the clinic registers, and timely completion of summary reports.
· Mobile clinic areas are appropriately stocked with essential equipment and supplies.
· Provide nursing support and mentorship to other mobile clinic staff, providing on-the-job training where needed.
· Plan and implement outreach activities with the rest of the team to access vulnerable clients to increase service utilization.
· Work with and support community volunteers to provide health promotion, community mobilization and awareness raising.
· Ensure regular inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies.
· Work with relevant staff to ensure prompt requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
· Provide quality nursing care to beneficiaries including dressing changes & wounds and cleansing as needed.
· Assist the senior health and nutrition officer with consultations of patients.
· Provide patient education and instruct on prevention methods for illness, proper nutrition, and hygiene.
· Assist the senior health and nutrition officer to compile weekly and monthly reports required by the Ministry of Health as well as WHO.
· Provide basic health and nutrition services including community IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency
· services, referral, health education, and EPI as per MOH Mobile health and nutrition guidelines.
· Organize daily, weekly, and monthly overviews and reports of OTP, EPI, health education, and consultations.
· Ensure all patients are treated based on the Guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the IMCI guidelines.
· Ensure referral system and linkage between services and the health facilities.
· Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
· Follow infection, prevention, and control protocols by maintaining good hand hygiene and appropriately using personal protective equipment.
· Ensure rational use of drugs such that only those essential for treatment are prescribed. Do not overprescribe.
· Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the mobile clinic.
· Any other task assigned by his/her supervisor (senior health and nutrition officer).
· The employee must read, understand and implement, according to area of responsibility, GOAL’s polices and procedures on mainstreaming of Gender, HIV/AIDS and Child Protection.
Familiarize self and understand to GOAL Donor Compliance issues, specifically to the terms and conditions of the Donor the programme is working on and comply with same in area of responsibility.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safeguarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is committed to safeguarding and protection from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH). Staffs, partners and other who are in contact with GOAL work are expected to adhere to GO’L’s PSEAH Policy and make ethical decisions to ensure the protection of people particularly children and vulnerable adults from sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· BSc degree in nursing with a minimum of two years of experience for Bsc holder in HC/Hospital
· Key qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered necessary for the specific post which are believed to be key to the success of the job holder in the specific post):
· Excellent judgment and decision making, clear verbal communication, situational awareness, close monitoring, problem solving, critical thinking, active listening.
· An efficient nurse is not one who has the common medical knowledge but someone who shows traits such as resilience, patience, and transparency in her personality.
· Having a strong work Ethic
· An eye for detail is the most important of nurse skills that a candidate has to possess.
· Compassion, Sensitivity, and Empathy
· Strong Communication Skills
· Quick Decision-Making Skills
· Physically Strength
· Emotional Strength
· Technical Know-How
· Excellent Organizational Skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language,
· Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
· Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
· Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
· Understanding of humanitarian and development programmes and willing to travel and live in field sites, with frequent transfer from site to site.
· Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
Desirable quality, skill and competence
· Familiarity to the local culture.
· Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community.
· Experience in clinical setups is mandatory, particularly in Maternal and child health areas.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
· GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
· A chance to develop tangible experience.
· Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter
Applicants can directly apply via www.ethiojobs.net
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process
For more vacancy alerts like this Goal Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram