Clinical Nurse – GOAL Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, September 18 2023
Organization: GOAL Ethiopia
Position: Clinical Nurse
Location: BOKH, Somali
Deadline: September 27, 2023
|Reference No:||REC/ 86/23|
|Job title:||Clinical Nurse|
|Location:||Somali- Boh area office|
|Reports to:||Senior Health & Nutrition Officer|
|Number of Posts||01 /One/|
|Closing date:||September 27,2023|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare, and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agropastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors. GOAL E Humanitarian Response is centered on nutrition, WASH, livelihoods, multipurpose cash, NFIs and protection interventions in country wide while the recovery and development focus on livelihoods, economic opportunities, health, health and nutrition system strengthening and WASH with solid emphasis on integrated programming and community-based approach in Oromiya regional state. The Street Children programme is implemented with local partners in Addis Ababa and Hawassa.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE::
· Nurses also are responsible for teaching patients about preventing and managing medical conditions. By relaying information, nurses help patients take control of their healthcare.
· Clinical Nurse who provides patient care in clinical settings. As a clinical nurse, your duties might include assessing a patient’s condition, administering medication, setting IVs, updating patient records, providing emotional support, and/or educating patients on how to manage their illness or injury.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/DUTIES
· (detailed list of tasks and outputs categorized by “daily” “weekly” “monthly” or any other category which fits the role)
· As a clinical nurse, your duties might include assessing a patient’s condition, administering medication, setting IVs, updating patient records, providing emotional support, and/or educating patients on how to manage their illness or injury.
· Treating and managing the health concerns of patients and populations.
· A clinical nurse/BSC is an advanced-practice nurse who provides patient care and consultation services for a variety of health care areas.
· The clinic nurse/BSC asks patients questions about current symptoms, medical histories, and medications to provide doctors with a complete understanding of a patient’s current medical needs and background.
· CN/BSC provide leadership in the advanced practice of nursing to achieve quality and cost-effective patient outcomes as well as provide leadership of multidisciplinary groups in designing and implementing innovative alternative solutions that address system problems and/or patient care issues. In many jurisdictions, CNs, as direct care providers, perform comprehensive health assessments, develop differential diagnoses, and may have prescriptive authority.
· CN/BSCs serve as patient advocates, consultants, and researchers in various settings
· Perform/Assist in any other tasks as required by immediate supervisor.
· Mainstreaming Issues:
· The employee must read, understand and implement, according to area of responsibility, GOAL’s polices and procedures on mainstreaming of Gender, HIV/AIDS and Child Protection.
· Compliance Issues
Familiarize self and understand to GOAL Donor Compliance issues, specifically to the terms and conditions of the Donor the programme is working on and comply with same in area of responsibility
· Qualification (Education, Experience , key qualities, skill and competence)
· BSc degree in nursing with a minimum of two years of experience for Bsc holder in HC/Hospital
· Key qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered necessary for the specific post which are believed to be key to the success of the job holder in the specific post):
· Excellent judgment and decision making, clear verbal communication, situational awareness, close monitoring, problem solving, critical thinking, active listening.
· An efficient nurse is not one who has the common medical knowledge but someone who shows traits such as resilience, patience, and transparency in her personality.
· Having a strong work Ethic
· An eye for detail is the most important of nurse skills that a candidate has to possess.
· Compassion, Sensitivity, and Empathy
· Strong Communication Skills
· Quick Decision-Making Skills
· Physically Strength
· Emotional Strength
· Technical Know-How
· Excellent Organizational Skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language,
· Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
· Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
· Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
· Understanding of humanitarian and development programmes and willing to travel and live in field sites, with frequent transfer from site to site.
· Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
· Desirable quality, skill and competence
· Skill: Excellent judgment and decision making, clear verbal communication, situational awareness, close monitoring, problem solving, critical thinking, active listening
· Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community.
· Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy references number along with the title & duty station need to be written in the application letter.
Applicants can directly apply via www.ethiojobs.net
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process
For more vacancy alerts like this GOAL Ethiopia Vacancy join us on Telegram