UNICEF vacancy announcements, March 2, 2023
Employment: Temporary Appointment, 3 months to 364 days
Location: Ethiopia, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Comoros, Eritrea, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius, Seychelles
Experience Level: Senior Level (5 years)
Number of Positions:
Date of Announcement: February 28, 2023
Deadline: March 14, 2023
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
Since two years, countries in the ESA region have experienced an alarming increase in the number of new, or re-emerging humanitarian emergencies, including public health (including Ebola, Crimean Congo hemorrhagic fever, yellow fever, wild poliovirus, and Cholera), armed conflicts and natural disasters emergencies.
UNICEF ESAR has prioritized the critical need to support countries to rapidly scale up capacity to prevent, mitigate, and manage ongoing and anticipated emergencies as well as to enhance capacity for preparedness and response to these emergencies.
The purpose of this external announcement is to attract suitable Cholera Specialist candidates interested in working in any of the countries within UNICEF’s East and Southern Africa region to respond to emergencies for the next 36 months. The countries within each region are listed on the following website: http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/index.html.
- Lead UNICEF’s cholera preparedness and response activities internally and contribute to health, WASH, and other cluster/sectoral coordination mechanisms for cholera response.
- Represent UNICEF in rapid needs assessments for cholera with WHO and other response partners.
- Lead the development of UNICEF’s cholera response strategy and action planning processes and collaborate with the health and WASH cluster/sector and other key sectors. Ensure that the response plan includes considerations for other sectors like education, child protection
- Provide technical support to UNICEF and partners for the development/adaptation of protocols, guidelines and training materials for surveillance and laboratory, case management, establishment/management of cholera treatment centers, community-based interventions, social and behavior change and community engagement, and forecasting, procuring and distribution of cholera related commodities, equipment and supplies.
- Develop behavior change communication materials for cholera prevention and care with WASH, communications for development (C4D) and other relevant sectors.
- Provide technical support for the risk assessment and deployment of oral cholera vaccines (OCV) in close collaboration with WHO, CDC and other technical agencies.
- Manage UNICEF’s relations with its partners, taking administrative actions such as renewing PCAs.
- Oversee project supply chain in coordination with UNICEF supply and operations staff to provide diarrheal disease essential drugs and materials to government and NGO partners.
- Monitor the coverage of cholera interventions among the beneficiary population and share information for internal communication and external coordination.
- Contribute to information systems and products related to the cholera response.
- Contribute to resource mobilization efforts including preparation of emergency funding appeals for UNICEF and health cluster/sector mechanisms.
- Advanced university degree in public health or other relevant health discipline. Specialization in infectious diseases/communicable disease control is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in planning and implementing cholera prevention and control.
- Fluency in verbal and written English and/or French (depending on the country office’s official language). Knowledge of another UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
Works Collaboratively with others (1)
Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
How to Apply
Click HERE to view on source and apply
VIEW ALL CURRENT UNICEF VACANCIES
For more vacancy alerts like this UNICEF Vacancy Announcement, Join us on Telegram