Call for PhD Study by School of Medical Laboratory Sciences, College of Health and Medical Sciences, Haramaya University; June 15 2023
The School of Medical Laboratory Sciences is Inviting Interested Applicants for PhD In Tropical and Infectious Diseases program for 2023/24 academic year admission. Eligible prospective applicants are those who have been graduated from recognized
university with MSc degree in Tropical and Infectious Diseases and/or MSc/MPH degree or equivalent degree in related disciplines such as Microbiology, Parasitology, Public Epidemiology, Entomology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Veterinary Medicine, Biomedical Science, Environmental Health Science, Zoology, MD with any specialty, Clinical Laboratory Science with any specialty and Biostatistics with CGPA of 3.0 and above.
Applicants who did not take Medical Microbiology, Medical Parasitology and Vector biology in BSc or MSC/MPH can apply if they are willing to take Bridging courses given to undergraduate abd postgraduate students.
Duration of the Study: the PhD in Tropical and Infectious Diseases program is a research-based training to be completed within four years.
1. The applicant must submit a completed Haramaya university postgraduate application form
2. letter of sponsorship or secured fund for private applicants
3. A copy of Master’s degree/specialty training transcript
4. A copy of original Master’s degree
5. A minimum of one recommendation letter from his/her previous supervisor/instructor (s) during M.Sc. study and one from the employer institution.
6. Applicants should have a proof of a minimum of two years of related work experience and their age shouldn’t be more than 45 years old.
7. Complete curriculum vitae not more than two pages
8. Sound research synopsis not more than 5 pages
9. A minimum of three relevant research publications on infectious diseases/ health sciences
10. Female applicants and those with potential research grant or support are encouraged
11. Application letter with contact addresses (Affiliation, Mobile and Email)
For further information contact: Getachew Kabew Mekonnen (PhD)
Mobile: +251 946353726
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following documents to Haramaya University College of Health and Medical Sciences. School of Medical Laboratory Sciences in Harar Campus till July 30, 2023.
For more related alerts, join us on Telegram