Call For Applications : Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program For Mid-Career Professionals, April 6 2023
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a United States government-funded exchange program that brings accomplished young and mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and substantive professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts. By providing future leaders and policy makers with experience in U.S. society, culture, and professional fields, the program provides a basis for lasting, productive ties between Americans and their professional counterparts overseas.
The U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section, Addis Ababa is responsible for recruiting and selecting qualified professionals to be part of this program.
The application deadline for the 2024-2025 academic year is July 01, 2023
Applicants MUST be from the following eligible fields:
a. Agricultural and Rural Development
b. Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
c. Urban and Regional Planning
Rights and Freedoms
b. Law and Human Rights
c. International Religious Freedom
d. Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
Human and Institutional Capacity
a. Economic Development
b. Finance and Banking
c. Human Resource Management
d. Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
e. Technology Policy and Management
a. Contagious and Infectious Disease
b. Public Policy and Management
c. HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
d. Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment
e. Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
f. Higher Education Administration
g. Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
Candidates must have either a research background in the field or demonstrated ability to learn the results and policy implications of current research.
Applications for the Humphrey Fellowship must be filed on-line; do not send applications to the Public Affairs Section or the Embassy. The on-line application requires the following elements:
1. Curriculum Vitae detailing overall experience and qualifications;
2. Program plan providing details of what the applicants hopes to accomplish through participation in the program;
3. Personal statement;
4. Recommendations from two referees;
5. Copy of undergraduate transcript (original copies will be requested if applicants have been selected for interviews).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be within the age range of 32-45 inclusive;
2. Applicants should have a minimum of five years full-time professional experience (prior to July 2023) in the relevant field after completing a university degree, and should be interested in the policy aspects of their field of specialization;
3. Applicants must present a letter of support from their organization showing consent to grant of leave of absence during course of study;
4. Applicants must hold managerial or supervisory positions in their organizations;
5. Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree;
6. Candidates should be proficient in both written and spoken English and be willing to sit for TOEFL (English language proficiency exam) if they are selected for the program.
Applicants should submit their application online no later than July 01, 2023 at: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey Female applicants meeting the minimum requirement are encouraged to apply.
Please note that the Humphrey Fellowship does not permit accompanying family members.
If you have any questions relating to the application process, please feel free to contact the U.S. Embassy at PASAddisExchanges@state.gov.
For more related opportunities, join us on Telegram