Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust masters scholarships at University of Sheffield, April 8 2023
We’re pleased to offer four Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust scholarships for eligible students starting their course in 2023.
Building on this commitment the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is able to offer scholarships for international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
There are four scholarships available in 2023 to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance stipend
- You must hold an offer before Friday 5 May 2023 for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in the 2023/24 academic year:
- International Development MA
- Environmental Change and International Development MSc
- International Development (Masters in Public Health) MPH
- International Law and Global Justice LLM
- International Political Economy MA
- Global Journalism MA
- International Public and Political Communication MA
- Intercultural Communication MA
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2023. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2023.
- You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories:
Central African Republic
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza Strip
How to apply
You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses before the date listed above and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories.
Your course application will be assessed by a panel who will decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process. If you are selected for the next stage we will contact you before Thursday 18 May 2023 to invite you to apply, if you haven’t heard from by this date unfortunately you have not been selected this year.
Please use our postgraduate online application system to submit your application for an eligible course.
Applicants contacted before the 18 May 2023 will need to submit an application (which will be shared with you) before 1pm on Wednesday 31 May 2023.
If you have any questions about this award please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more scholarship alerts join us on Telegram